Atlantic City Electric is taking several major steps to help ensure all residents across its service area have access to electric service during this critical time.
- We will be working with residents on a case-by-case basis who have had their service disconnected to reconnect service to help ensure access to safe and healthy environments.
- Residents who have had their electric service disconnected need to contact the company to start the process of having their service reconnected.
- Residents can begin this process by calling 800-642-3780.
As the COVID-19 pandemic worsens, officials across the country are enacting shelter in place or similar orders to ensure public safety.
- We recognize the important service we provide and want to ensure every resident has access to safe and reliable electric service during this critical time.
- You should expect to see Atlantic City Electric crews and contractors working on the local energy grid in your neighborhood even as other services to residents are reduced or curtailed. This work aligns with our responsibility to provide essential energy services to our region – both for today and the coming summer months - and is being completed with a special emphasis on employee and customer health and safety.
- We need to come together in support of one another during this time, and this is just one of the many ways we are doing just that.
We are taking steps to help our customers in need and expanding awareness of the programs in place to help customers stay energized through temporary or extended financial hardship.
- We are committed to helping all our customers meet their energy needs.
- We have suspended all service disconnections and we are waiving new late payment fees through at least May 1.
- We will work with customers on a case-by-case basis to establish customized payment arrangements and identify energy assistance options.
- In addition to reminding customers of existing bill assistance resources, the company is taking steps to expand awareness of the programs in place to help them through temporary or extended financial hardship.
Customers who wish to learn more or take advantage of these important programs can visit atlanticcityelectric.com or call 1-800-642-3780. Thank you