Marriages and Civil Unions

Applications for marriage and civil union licenses by appointment are obtained in the Registrar’s Office. Application must be made in the community where either applicant resides. If both applicants live out of state then they must apply in the town where the ceremony will take place. When applying the couple must provide valid identification with current address and, if applicable, divorce decree, death certificate for previous partner or termination of prior civil union or domestic partnership. There is a 72 hour waiting period from application to license. An appointment is necessary for the application. At the time of application, the couple must be present and accompanied by a witness at least 18 years old. The license fee is $28. Please call (856) 783-2121, ext. 241.