SNOW AND ICE REMOVAL
- Do not park cars on the street in anticipation of a snow storm. This speeds the removal process and prevents cars from being plowed in.
- When shoveling snow from driveways, please place snow to the right of the driveway in the direction the snow plow is moving. This will minimize the amount of snow pushed back into the driveway.
- As snow rolls off the plows, it sometimes accumulates in the driveway aprons. Please understand that this unavoidable and it is the Homeowner’s & Business Owner's responsibility to clean it.
- For your convenience, please do not shovel driveways until plowing operations have been completed.
- Shovel and/or blow snow into the curb, not into the street.
- It is the responsibility of the Homeowner & Business Owner to remove snow from the sidewalks.
- In the event of deep snow, please shovel around your mailbox and fire hydrant near your house. There are a number of County roads within the Borough, They are maintained by the Camden County Highway Department. If you have concerns about maintenance or snow removal on a county road, please contact the Camden County Highway Department at 856-566-2980.
The Code Enforcement Office would like to bring to your attention some of the top violations and ask that you take the time to Clean up your property to avoid a violation letter or summons for noncompliance:
- High Grass and Weeds – Overgrown grass and weeds, overgrown and/or dead shrubs, dead and/or dying trees that may cause a safety hazard to the public. The grass along the curb & sidewalks are the responsibility of the property owner to be maintained.
- Unfiltered Pools and Ponds – Pools and ponds must be actively filtered when filled with water to prevent the spread of mosquitoes. Reminder: State Regulations requires any pool over 24” deep must apply for a Permit as well as maintaining proper fencing requirements. This includes inflatable pools.
- Junk/Unregistered Vehicles – Any vehicle that is not legally registered, missing license plates, has flat tires, broken windows, or may be being used for storage of materials of all types.
- Parking of Vehicles of Lawn – Vehicles cannot be parked on lawns.
- Parking of trailers, boats, campers and buses on streets are prohibited.
- Unlicensed Dogs and Cats – All dogs and cats must be licensed. The maximum limit is three (3) dogs and three (3) cats per household. The leash law applies to both dogs and cats.
- Fences shall be maintained in good repair. “Good Repair” meaning but not limited to erect, no broken pieces, no holes and no peeling paint.
- Trash and Recycling – Residents must use Borough supplied NEW trash and recycling cans on regular pick up day.
- House Numbers - It is very important to have house numbers on all residential and commercial properties, minimum 3” and visible from the street. Please check to avoid any violations. S92-1
- Curbs and Sidewalks- Winter is on its way! Please repair and or replace damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons. S190-73
- Snow Removal - All sidewalks must be clear of ice and snow within 12 hours of daylight after the storm S296-33
- Snow Removal Assistance for At Risk Seniors or Disabled Residents – The County offers assistance with snow removal for seniors at risk or disabled residents.
- The Snow Removal Program will go into effect only after 4 inches of snow has fallen on the ground in our area.
- At-risk senior and disables residents can contact the Camden County Division of Emergency management at 856-783-4808 ext. 5060, from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Calls for snow removal will not be taken until after it has stopped snowing.
- Work Crews will be dispatched only after it has stopped snowing. The work crews will remove snow only during daylight hours from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Crews will respond calls in the order they are received and will service as many residents as possible each day. There are no guaranteed times when the crews will arrive at a residence.
- Senior and Disabled residents must call after each substantial snowfall to request this service.
- The Department of Corrections will supply the needed equipment. The program does not supply salt or ice-melting chemicals, but crews will dispense them if supplied by residents.
- Contact and conversation between the inmates and the public are prohibited. Gratuities and gifts or money, food, drink or any other item is strictly prohibited.
The Code Enforcement Office would like to thank all of the residents who may have received a violation or complaint for their cooperation in promptly correcting the matter. We appreciate your efforts in helping to keep Lindenwold clean.
To report a violation or to file a complaint, please contact the Code Enforcement Office at 856-783-2121 ext. 238 or 248.
Any new or existing business within the Borough of Lindenwold must file for a Mercantile License. Please call 856-783-2121 ext. 223 if there are any questions.
HOUSING RENTAL REGISTRATION
All rental properties must file a registration form. Please call 856-783-2121 ext 224 if there any questions.
All sales of a property MUST file for certificate of occupancy (C/O) inspection for smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detector, fire extinguisher and house numbers. Please call 856-783-2121 ext. 224 or 223 if there are any questions.
|Wayne Hans||Code Enforcement / Housing Official|