The Lindenwold Police Department is using the TipSoft system to allow community members to submit crime tip messages by texting, with a mobile application, or using a web form. Tips are encrypted, entirely confidential, completely anonymous and are immediately and securely transferred.
Citizens are encouraged to use TipSoft to report information about any non-urgent illegal activity such as:
- Unsolved cases
- Wanted persons
- Traffic concerns
- Sale and distribution of drugs
- Information about crimes that are being planned in the community or schools
These crime tip services are for non-emergency investigative information only and WILL NOT generate a radio call or summon the police to your location. If you have an emergency, please call 9-1-1. Do not use this form to report crimes in progress.
Here’s how to submit a tip:
Using a cell phone
- Text “LPD” plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES). Your message must begin with LPD.
- When your message is received at CRIMES, your name and cell phone number will be stripped from the message before it is forwarded to the Lindenwold Police Department.
- You will receive an immediate text reply that will include a confidential I.D. number.
- Text STOP to 274637 to cancel. Text HELP to 274637 for help. Message and data rates may apply.
- If you use TipSoft again, you may include your confidential I.D. number or submit another anonymous tip. However, it is recommended you use the confidential ID number given if you are following up on a previous tip.
- For your safety, you should always delete all text messages to and from “CRIMES” (27463) from your text message in box and out box.
Using a mobile application (iOS and Android)
- Search for “TipSubmit” in the iOS App Store or Android Marketplace
- Download and run the application to submit a tip.
Using the web
- Click on the Submit Tip Button at the top of the page then complete and submit the form.
- The same secure server is used, masking the identity of the sender.