Construction Office

The Department of Construction is responsible for ensuring that all construction work complies with the requirements of the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code.

Permits are required for but not limited to new homes, additions, above ground and in-ground swimming pools, hot tubs, re-roofing, siding, garage or basement conversions, new or replaced heating systems, central air conditioning, alarms, electrical service upgrades, water and sewer connections, pole barns sheds decks, demolition and change of use. If you are not sure if a permit is required, please call our office.

Permit applications may be picked up in the Construction Office during the hours listed above.

The New Jersey Contractors’ Registration Act requires that all home improvement contractors register with the Department of Consumer Affairs. All permit applications should include a copy of the contractor’s registration certificate. Homeowners can check to see if a contractor is registered by visiting the Dept. of Consumer Affairs website or call (888) 656-6225.

Permits are required for new fences, decks, swimming pools, roofing, siding and sheds over 100 square feet size etc.  If you are not sure if a permit is required, you may call the Lindenwold Construction Office at: 856-783-2121 ext. 225

Also please note that the New Jersey Contractors’ Registration Act requires that all Home Improvement Contractors be registered with the N.J. Department of Consumer Affairs.  Please make sure that any contractor you his is registered, licensed and insured.  Permits cannot be issued to a Home Improvement Contractor who is not registered with the State of New Jersey.